Here is the second installment of our annual St. Patrick's Day party planning. The food!
- O'Drinky's beverage napkins and McGoggles plates from buycostumes.com - I love them!! I wanted something "Irish Pub" feeling
- Shepherd's Pie, a traditional Irish meal of beef and potatoes
- Green beer - We buy dyed green kegs from a local distributor.
- Caramel Apple jello shots - Jellatio.com is so much fun
- Fresh green salad and all green veggie tray
- Appletinis for the ladies
- Beer Bread (okay okay I know it's supposed to be Soda Bread, but I can't bake to save my life. Tastefully Simple's beer bread saves my life!)
Like anyone, I'd love to have the cash flow to serve on real plates with silverware and glasses, like the wonderful parties I see on Hostess with the Mostess. Considering the size and nature (drinking) of the party, that's not really feasible. So we do use paper plates and plasticware, but we're okay with that! It makes clean up super easy.
We like to offer some traditional Irish food like the Shepherd's Pie, and also some healthier options such as a fresh salad and veggie tray, for all our guests. We also provide a variety of drinks- not all the girls (or guys) drink green beer. We also make it optional for guests to bring a dish as well. Lots of our guests like to help out in some way, and that makes it easier to provide enough food for everyone, as well as make it easier on me to prepare.