Ever thought about buying a craft book, but weren't sure if you would like the projects inside? Try this cheat: go to Flickr and search the Groups, to see if the book has a following. Many craft and hobby books have organized groups for members to share their own creations from their ideas. You won't find the patterns or instructions, but you'll get a much better idea of the projects included!
Here's a list of 10 popular hobby books on Flickr to get you started!
1. Bend-The-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol
2. In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects by Amy Butler
3. Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons To Love Sewing by Anna Maria Horner
4. Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray
5. Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects by Lotta Jansdotter and Meiko Arquillos
6. Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics by Francesca DenHartog
7. Stitch N' Bitch books by Debbie Stoller
8. Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan
9. Bead Simple: Essential Techniques for Making Jewelry Just the Way You Want It by Susan Beal
10. Warm Fuzzies: 30 Sweet Felted Projects by Betz White
If you find a Flickr craft book group not listed, please leave a comment with the link!
(Please forgive my poor tutorials- I've never been talented at teaching. But I will answer your questions if you have any!) Hello! I...
Here's an easy DIY project to customize your iPod! First I bought a clear plastic case for my guy. Guess how much? ONE DOLLAR at...
Now we are just jumping ahead to the real reason anybody gets SCAL in the first place.... cutting whatever you want! If you get lost, svgcut...
(Please forgive my poor tutorials- I've never been talented at teaching. But I will answer your questions if you have any!) Hello! I'...
Edit Feb 27: Due to the popularity of these backgrounds and the numerous requests for Navbars back again, I have removed the coding to hide ...
"My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail is a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane,...
The first in my new mixed media series, which is titled "Verisimilitude Sylva." This piece is titled "Irenic." It was ...
Example of the finish before & after Easy & inexpensive shower refinish We're working on our last bathroom of the house this wee...
I created this digital scrapbook for my sister and some family members, with snapshots we took at her wedding this summer. I kept it si...
The finished version of the black dragon mask made in Fall 2012. Dragon mask in progress .